Wednesday 1 October 2008

Visual Communication in Context 2 - LookAgain/ThinkAgain

The First Task - Look Again Think Again
(LO1) Demonstrate your understanding of corporate identity, banding and other visual identification systems within a historical, business and cultural context through practical application.
The first part of this brief is titled Look Again/ Think Again.
After being read the brief i started by looking at the two examples that were given to us. The idea of making a poster for an object that carries a value that goes beyond its intended purpose really appealed to me. I brainstormed a couple of ideas all based around my travels during the summer. My first thoughts were my belongings in my backpack e.g ipod, wallet, passport. After thinking up some ideas, i had a group tutorial lead by Neil.
My ideas of playlist that you create when your travel or go on holiday were liked, but i was given good advice as to which direction to look into. Idea's of visual elements were suggested to me, this all helped my idea progress. I need to spend a couple of hours thinking about it, having a play visually and see if my message could be communicated.