Tuesday 10 February 2009

FMP
Creative Brief.
Just a quick look inside my head. This is a idea that i am thinking about running with for my final major project.
Intail Ideas
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For my professional project I want to create a new typeface designed for and aimed at people that suffer from learning difficulties, specifically reading.

Reading difficulties can come from various sorts of neurological reasons, I will research into these so that I can create the best outcome possible, and most importantly an outcome that will work and communicate successfully with people that have various learning difficulties. There are various things I need consider- mainly, shape and colour. And how the brain interprets what it sees and makes the link.

What / Where / Why

A typeface designed so people with learning difficulties such as dyslexia can read and understand what is printed clearly and with ease. Not only will I look at the A-Z alphabet but look at designing symbols that could be used in a public environment e.g. airports / hospitals. The reason I believe this would be a good project to work on, is it will broader my understanding of typography, my research would teach me how to communicate to people with learning difficulties. Which I could then use in future design ideas.

Dissertation

The essay that I am completing as another part of my FdA can relate to this.
Potential essay titles;
‘ How graphic designers communicate using type and image to people with learning difficulties’
‘ The effect typography has on people with learning difficulties ’

Outcomes

Type spec – A-Z Alphabet
New symbols to be used in various environments (hospitals / airports)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------